UNPAIRING SENSORS AND CHANGING ZONES
As you add more sensors to your Guardline driveway alarm, you may want to move some of your existing sensors to a different zone. In order to do that, you'll have to follow the instructions below.
1. If your sensor was previously paired to a zone, you need to clear that zone.
Let's say that you have two sensors paired to zone 1 and you decide that you want to move one of those sensors to zone 2. Before you can pair that sensors to zone 2 you will have to clear zone 1, otherwise that sensor will continue to show up on zone 1 instead of zone 2.
To clear a zone, follow these steps:
- Hold the "learn" button for a few seconds until zone 1 flashes, then release.
- To clear zone 1, hold down the "pause/reset" button until you hear a beep, then release the button.
- If you want to clear a different zone, first press the "learn/next" button to advance to the next zone, then follow the instructions in step 2. to clear the zone.
- When you are done clearing the zone(s), use the on/off switch on the side of the receiver to turn your receiver off, then back on.
Congrats, you've now successfully cleared your zone(s).
2. Now, pair your sensors to the correct zones.
Since you've cleared zone 1, you will have to re-pair any sensors that were paired to zone 1, after which you can pair your other sensor to zones 2, 3 or 4.
To pair multiple sensors, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your sensors are turned away from you and kept separate from each other in order to avoid accidentally pairing the wrong sensor with the wrong zone.
- Press and hold the learn button on your receiver until zone 1 is flashing to re-enter learn mode
- If you are pairing a sensor to zone 1, continue to the next step. If you are pairing to a different zone, press the "learn/next" button to advance to the next zone.
- With the desired zone flashing, press the "melody" button until you hear the melody you want.
- Then wave your hand in front of the sensor to pair it with the selected zone.
- Press the "learn" button to advance to zone 2 (or any other zone), then repeat steps 3-5 to pair any additional sensors as needed.
It may be helpful to watch this video below, which takes you through the process of pairing multiple devices to your Guardline driveway alarm.