- Sensor type: Metal-detecting underground probe.
- Range: Sensor 10-12 feet.
Sensor to receiver maximum 4 miles.
- Zones: Program up to 5 different channels; allows you to distinguish which sensor was triggered and prevent interference.
- Tones: Audibly says "Alert Zone One" (identifying correct zone number); adjustable volume.
- Compatibility: All MURS hand-held radios, driveway alarm motion sensors and probes, indoor and outdoor call boxes, and PA system.
- Weather:Sensors are weatherproof, operating range of -30 to 120 Degrees F.
- Mounting: Transmitter should be mounted on a wall, post, or tree, probe should be buried alongside the driveway about a foot deep; receiver is designed to sit on tabletop.
- Expandable System: Unlimited receivers and transmitters. Coding can be changed to reduce interference and different buttons can be paired with different tones on separate zones.
- Frequency: 151.82-154.60 MHz.
- Relay: Has un-powered 12 volt relay, normal open, supports external bells, sirens, strobes, etc.
- Warranty:1 year Manufacturer's Warranty and tech support.
- Power: Sensor CR123A batteries
Receiver 12V adapter.
- Dimensions: Transmitter 6" x 3" x 7"
Probe 12" long x 1.25" diameter
Receiver 5.75" x 5.5" 1.5".
- Includes: 1 sensor, 1 transmitter, 1 cable,1 receiver, 1 12V AC adapter, CR1234 A batteries.
- Other: Please see 4-Mile Range Intercom for more base station capabilities.
** As with all wireless products the maximum range is determined by the amount of interference between base stations. Any solid obstruction between a direct line of sight range will reduce the distance of the signal between the individual base stations. For maximum distance reduce as much interference as possible.
works good at 1/4 mile in woods I have not tried it at a farther distance
Our driveway is over 500 ft and curvy it also elevates up over 60 ft so we never knew anyone was driving in untill they were at the door, now we get a few false alarms mostly when its raining but other than that its fantastic, we will see how it holds up, if you could put rechargeable batteries in it and use a solar panel like my game cams that would be great !! We have too much wildlife to use one of the motion sensing ones so we are really Happy with it !!
SO FAR SO GOOD-EXCEPT FOR VOLUME-COULD BE LOUDER WITH A CHOICE OF ALERTS,ALSO AROUND 4 PM MOST EVE IT PICKS UP SOME TYPE OF STATIC-LAST ONLY A SHORT TIME,I AM 3 MILES FROM RAILROAD IN TOWN AND CLOSE TO A COUNTY ROAD SO CANT SEE IF IT IS A VEHICLE TRANSMITTING ON A RADIO OR NOT-OTHER WISE ALL IS A-OK
Hey Lester, thanks for the feedback. I want to pass along Dakota Alert's customer service line so you can contact them if you have any questions on getting your Metal Detecting system working as best as it can. Feel free to contact them at 605-356-2772, and if you're having a hard time contacting them don't hesitate to reach out to us at 888-519-0413.
Love it. Works great but the batteries only last a few weeks at best. And for perspective, my camera battery lasts a year
Hi Adam, I'm sorry to hear that your batteries aren't working properly for you. The batteries on your sensor should last upwards to a year, and if they're not please contact us so we can get set up with a replacement. Feel free to contact us by phone at 888-519-0413 or by email at email@example.com
still experimenting...didn't realize that the unit I purchased was a potential battery hog and am hopeful that it was just a bad batch of batteries the first time as they only lasted two weeks.....had to call and request more batteries so we can test out another set to see if that is the problem or not, but up until that issue arose, it worked flawlessly.....